Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Twilight, I give it 2 stars

Well, I have finally read "Twilight". Everyone raves about it, so I wanted to see what all of the fuss was about. I'm probably going to be the first one to say this but......it was just alright to me. Not my favorite by far. I thought, since it was about vampires, it would be a little darker, edgier. Also, the story was a little too predictable for my taste.
Maybe I didn't love it because I heard all of the hype and built it up bigger in my head. Maybe its because I have an aversion to liking things everyone else does: I can't stand Harry Potter or The Lord of the Rings. Or maybe its because I am just weird.

The things I did like about "Twilight" are:

1. Some of it takes place in Phoenix. It is fun to know exactly how to picture the scene in your head.

2. The "vampire" family. I liked hearing about their history.

**Note: I am sorry if you love any of the books I listed above and it offended you. My intent is not to hurt feelings, it is simply my honest opinion.

1 comment:

Janell said...

It's funny--I was just at book club the other night and a couple of people commented that they didn't really like Twilight either, so you're not alone. I love the series. For me, it's escapist fiction. Not "high brow" reading by any means, just fun (I also LOVE Harry Potter). :)

But I don't feel offended AT ALL by differing opinions. I love to hear people's book reviews--I'm going to try to start doing that on my blog whenever I read something interesting.