Tuesday, September 11, 2007

September 11th


Today is the sixth anniversary of September 11th, I really can't believe it happened. It is like a movie, a bad dream, an even worse joke. Why did this happen? Why? It is so very senseless. I can't fathom how the grieving family members feel. I understand that in other places of the world terriosim happens more often than here. A lot more often actually. It is a scary world.
However, when I look at this picture, I feel better. I love what it represents: triumph, overcoming evil, a sense of hope, and love of community. This world might be scary, but we can make it a better place.
I hope to never forget these horrific events. I am so grateful that I am an American and that I have the right to use my vote in a productive manner. I often pray for President Bush to make wise decisions concerning this country. I also pray for all of the world's leaders. I pray for peace and safety. Today I will pray for the grieving family members of September 11th.

1 comment:

Becky said...

we think alike! Great tribute!!