Sunday, September 9, 2007

Good intentions....


Today I found myself in such a predicament! Here is a little back story...Todd loves to go to Gospel Principles for Sunday School. He likes that it is a small class size and he also likes meeting investigators. So last week in class I mentioned that it would great if we had snacks in class. I even volunteered to bring treats the first week. Sounds great, right? Well, fast forward to this Sunday.

Todd and Harrison not feeling well. Alyssa is screaming. I don't want to go to church all by myself with a screaming toddler. I announce that I will not be going to church. Todd looks up from the couch with his pale, sick face and asks, "What about Sunday School?"

GREAT! How "member missionary" would that be to no show when I promised a treat? Plus, I really want to be a woman of my word. So here I am baking stuff this morning. I am so not a baker. I hate it. I mean I love the end product, but I detest the mixing, the mess, and the extra padding that I get after I partake. Plus, my baked goods are not really all that good.

Alas, I make it. I drive to church before Sunday School. I can't find a parking space and end up illegally parking so I can quickly run inside to bring baked goods to my fellow classmates. As I stroll down the hall everyone is oohing and awing at my treats, the baked ones that is. I finally find the teacher, give him the goods, and hightail it outta there. I blame all of this on the fact that last week was Fast Sunday and I was a little lightheaded when I opened my mouth to volunteer snacks. Anyway, I hope they liked them!

3 comments:

Becky said...

You are an amazing woman!! A lot better than me...I would have taken them next week! Good job.

{ Bethany } said...

Jen- thats so funny, did you actually get dressed up just to run them in?! BTW- that pic looks soooooooo yummy. Mmmm choco chip cookies!

Melody B. said...

That's so funny...I'd have done the same thing (and been complaining all the way there)! Why do we do things like that to ourselves?