Friday, September 14, 2007

Me and Todd


Our engagement picture...

I was tagged so here it goes...

1. How did you and your husband meet?

Well, that is a long story. My MIL and Mom worked in the same department at Gilbert High School. My Mom was new and the entire first week of school my MIL was gone, which is a big no no. So when my MIL came back, my Mom jokingly asked, "Who do you think you are being gone the first week"? Turns out, she was picking up Todd with my FIL from his mission in Italy. After that first meeting our moms got to be friends. Well we all know friends talk. During one of these talks, their kids came up. They thought that Todd and I would be perfect for each other. So they bugged us to meet and we both refused, for months! Finally, to get his mom off his back, he went to "check me out". I was working in the jewelry department at Mervyns. Funny thing, I saw him walking around before he approached me and thought he looked like such a good guy. So he came up to me with his broken watch and asked for help. Mervyns doesn't fix watches, so I sent him on his way. Discouraged, he finally said, "Does your Mom teach at Gilbert High"? We have been together ever since!


2. What was the first thing you said to your husband?


Hmmm...maybe, can I help you?

3. Where was your first date?

I know you will all be jealous. Filaberto's and Skateland. Romantic huh? What happened was, Todd asked a friend what a fun date would be, and this was it. Don't worry, I have forgiven him. Plus, Skateland was really fun!

4. Where was your first kiss?

In his car. After about five dates.

5. How long did you date?


About two months!


6. Did you have a long or short engagement?

It was 6 months. To my LDS friends it was long and to my other friends it was short.

7. Where did you get engaged?

In his backyard. We were playing around and all of a sudden he hugged me and said, "Marry me." A week later, after he asked my Dad for permission and bought a ring he took me to the Temple grounds (sound familiar?) and kneeled down. He goes, "I have a very important question to ask you...what is your favorite color?" He has been teasing me ever since.

8. Where were you married?

Mesa, Az Temple on June 8, 2000

9. How did the reception go?

Great. It was beautiful. We had it at Val Vista Lakes Clubhouse. We danced to "Here Comes The Sun", by the Beatles. We left on a boat! We had a friend who lived on the water in Val Vista Lakes and decorated her boat beautifully so we could sail away on it. That was so fun.

10. How was the honeymoon?

Pretty good. We stayed in a nice hotel for the wedding night. The next day we drove to Sedona. It was so relaxing. I think Todd and I need to take another trip just the two of us!

As I said on Janell's blog, you are my only blog friends so far so I tag however hasn't done it yet!!

5 comments:

Becky said...

Very cute story---now I remember you sharing it at a playgroup a couple months ago, but it was fun to hear again!! I love that 1st picture of you guys!!! Funny how your mom's both KNEW! Are they still friends??

Janell said...

Great story! I'm like you--my only friends that blog are from the ward. I'm trying to start a new trend with everyone else in my family/friend network. :)

Jennifer Smith said...

Yeah, our Moms are still friends.

Janell I am trying very hard to start the same trend!

Melody B. said...

Wow...SEXY MAMA Jennifer! That 1st picture needs to be blown up and framed in your house!

Frolicking Night Owl said...

I loved reading about how you guys met! Very fun! And a 6 month engagement is a LONG time! :) I think we were engaged for 2 1/2 months.