Sunday, December 30, 2007

Christmas 2007

Our Christmas was wonderful. We started celebrating on Sunday. After an excellent day at church, we got to go to my sister-in-laws to call Todd's brother Tyson, who is on a mission in Argentina. It was so good to hear his voice and know that he is doing well. I can't believe he has been gone as long as he has, he only has about 9 months left!

That evening my parents made us a yummy dinner of tostadas. Then we met up with Shane and Robin Bevell and their family at the Temple. It was so good to see our good friends from Las Vegas. Robin is doing very well. (you may remember me blogging earlier about her lenghty hospital stay) After looking at the lights, all of us came back to our house to visit. We ate lots of junk food, the kids played, we got to talk, and I got to hold and feed their little baby, Logan. He is so sweet, it makes me almost want to start thinking about maybe having another baby - in the distant future!!

Christmas Eve had the annual Hallock festivities at Nana and Papa's house. It is so fun to be so close to family. I love to spend time with all of my Aunts, Uncles, and cousins. Todd's parents called us on our cell during the party. It was really interesting to hear what Christmas is like in Hong Kong. It is always great to talk to them too.

Christmas morning was so exciting. Harrison was so ready to run into the living room but I stopped him. I ran in front of him and said that I wanted to see the kids faces as they walked into the room to see what Santa brought them. So, I ran into the living room first and got a big surprise...Santa brought me a bike! I started screaming and in the midst of my excitement, kind've forgot to look and see the kids' first look at their stuff! We had a lot of gifts, it almost seems too much. Alyssa was so cute, she would squeal at every single present she got - even a toothbrush! Harrison got his drum set that he wanted....ahhhh! Anyways, we then went to my parents to open more gifts. Then we had breakfast and waited for Brennan to call from Spain. Finally he called and we talked as long as we could with him. He sounds great. He is doing really well on his mission. Later that day we went to my sister-in-laws for Christmas dinner. Mike and Janis surprised us by calling again, on skype, so my kids got to see them. They look so happy. Lyssa loved looking at her grandparents on the computer!

We had such a wonderful Christmas. I hope all of you did too.

3 comments:

Melody B. said...

I need a picture of the bike...how exciting! What is it with Mexican food and us Arizonans?:P

Becky said...

We love our webcam too!! But we use sightspeed, we also put the laptop on the table for Thanksgiving and by the tree for Christmas, so my sister feels she is home. This year she watched us open all of our presents, it was fun!

{ Bethany } said...

COOL!! I want a bike!!