Friday, January 4, 2008

Fresh year, fresh start

Happy New Year! Is anyone making resolutions for 2008, or have made them and have already failed, like I usually do? hehe... This year my resolutions, or goals rather, are pretty simply. In fact, maybe my mantra for 2008 should be - Simplified in 2008!

I only have two goals -

1. Become more organized. Now, I would love to have a house as organized as Bree Van de Camp Hodge on "Desperate Housewives", but that ain't happening! I want to actually enjoy myself and keeping my house like that would not be too enjoyable. So instead, I am going to be tossing a lot of my stuff to keep it SIMPLE. Also, I am going to have more of a daily schedule so that my day is organized. As fun as it is to be spontaneous, it reeks havoc after a while. So, be more organized, this I can do.

2. Be more frugal. I love this one. It makes me feel good to save, or better yet, go without something others might think are a necessity - like Tivo. (Even though I would really, really love Tivo - but do I need it? no I guess not). My challenge is to make dinner more often and to make at least one dinner be under $5 total for the whole family. I could go way overboard with being frugal, but again I am going to be SIMPLE. I have been all over the web reading about frugality. Through this I have learned that there is more to being frugal than making your own sanitary products - Yes you can make them - go google it(ewww) and No I will not do that - rather being frugal is really being more thoughtful and resourceful about what you spend your hard earned money on.

I am hoping that as I incorporate these two goals into my life, my life will become more balanced. A lot of the time my mind is spinning with about a billion things I could do - projects, books to read, places to go, etc, etc.....As I become more organized I hope that I will actually schedule these things into my life and because of my frugality I will be able to afford to go all out on a particular project or trip.

If anyone reading this is organized and/or frugal and would like to give me tips, please comment. OK, enough rambling. Even when I feel like the most disorganized, spendy person - there is always someone to make me feel a little bit better about myself.

Ladies and gentlemen, introducing Ms. Britney Spears:


This morning, as I watched the Today show, I was bombarded with even more news about Britney's tumultuous life. It seems that she locked herself and one of her sons in a room in her house instead of handing him over to KFed's bodyguard. It turns out that something physically was wrong with her, aside from her obvious mental condition, she hadn't eaten for days and may have been on drugs. So, she was put on an ambulance and apparently was laughing hysterically the whole time. Wow. That's all I know right now, I am sure there will more news to come.

I remember when Britney first came out - she was so cute. I loved her first CD, I still do actually. I am so sad that her life is falling apart. I am afraid she is going to wind up like Anna Nicole Smith.

I know there are more important things going on in the world. Last night was also very eventful for the Presidential Election. By the way, Mitt Romney came in second. Go Romney! Anyway - this craziness surrounding Britney Spears just draws me in. I think it is a sickness - which I am sure is cured with organizing and frugality!!

2 comments:

Melody B. said...

I know I feel for her too. I wish she could get it together. I heard that Dr. Phil came to see her, let's hope he can talk to sense into her. If he can't then no one can!:P I totally get what you mean about anna Nicole. If she doesn't pull her life out of the toilet, she's headed straight there!

Becky said...

I feel for Britney too, she is headed in a downward spiral and many people do compare her to Anna Nicole...so sad!! I feel for her kids.