Friday, January 18, 2008

Positive Outlook

I am totally upset because I hate being sick, especially when Todd is sick too. We are pretty pathetic right now. I was feeling so sorry for myself, but then I decided feeling that way wasn't going to do any good. Then I remembered my Great Grandma Hallock. We all adored her and her wonderful, positive outlook on life. So, in honor of Grandma Hallock, here are some positive thoughts on my current situation:

  1. Tylenol 3 makes me feel warm and tingly. I told ya we had awesome doctors.
  2. We are blessed to have all of the means to even go to a doctor and get prescriptions.
  3. SoapNet plays back to back episodes of Beverly Hills 90210. Right now they are showing the last season. I have become reacquainted with the gang and have a learned a few things.

*Steve got married and has a baby and they all live in the Walsh home. Interestingly no Walshes are on the show the last season. Funny, because I thought the whole premise of the show was about the Minnesota family trying to make it in Beverly Hills. Even on Tylenol 3 I couldn't make sense of that.

*Dylan's dad didn't die in that car explosion. Instead he went into the witness protection program.

*David and Donna still love each other.

*Even though I have never found Luke Perry particularly attractive, there is something about Dylan's rebellious nature that makes him pretty, dare I say sexy?

*Despite what I thought as a ninth grader, 90210 is not the best show ever.

4. Now onto to serious stuff, yet still positive. My Dad and brother were able to come by and give us blessings. How awesome is that?

5. My parents came and brought dinner over again.

6. My Dad did the dishes and threw away the trash.

7. I realized, while resting these past few days, all of the many blessings that I have: from living in the United States, to my membership in the Gospel, to having a husband and family who support me in all of my goals and ambitions.

Thinking positively has really helped me feel better physically. I can't wait to be well and I pray that my kids won't get it, but even if they do, I know that we can take care of them. I think that it was positive thinking that helped Grandma Hallock live such a long life. I am so grateful that she was a part of my life for so long. She passed away when I was 23. How many people get to be with their great-grandparents for that long? This one's for you Grandma!

4 comments:

Melody B. said...

Way to go thinkin' positve! Never heard of Tylenol 3! Glad you have such a supportive family!

Jennifer Smith said...

Tylenol 3 is a little milder than Loritab or Tylenol with codeine.

Melody B. said...

You're right...you DO have nice docs!:)

Becky said...

OH my!! I hope you are getting better, you've had a rough winter with sicknesses...maybe you should move back over here ;)

PS-- I am home now, let me know when you sign up!