Monday, January 14, 2008

These are a few of my favorite things...

I love, love, love my family. What's more is I love spending quality, fun time with them. We went on a hike this weekend and all of us a had a blast. Everyone did a good job hiking too - even Lyssa! Arizona is so beautiful, so I enjoy the cool weather because we can stay outside longer to enjoy it more!
My family, my life...

I am so happy that my kids love each other!!
Hey a picture where I don't look half bad!


So, funny thing, on the way home, we all totally relaxed and chatting about how great our day was and how we want to go back and hike more because it is so nice to be outdoors. Then Todd sees flashing lights in the rearview mirror and it is a Sheriff! Crap!! So, Todd was pulled over because he was driving too SLOW!! Ha, maybe we were too relaxed? At least we didn't get a ticket.

So another favorite thing is Todd's new found obsession with making pies. He watched the kids for me while I went to a parent teacher conference and when I came home, he was making a coconut creme pie. What the?? He was quite happy about it and it tasted so good. So this weekend I had him make some more. The funny thing about this is Todd doesn't really cook, he makes the best pasta dinners, but that's it. So it is a new thing, but a favorite thing. I hope he keeps it up.


My last favorite thing to blog about right now is the Bountiful Baskets food co-op. Check it out, www.bountifulbaskets.org We have been eating a lot more produce because of this and it is all so yummy too! And cheap!! You can't beat the price. This really helps me with my goal of being more frugal too. And, I am keeping up with both of my goals for 2008 too.

4 comments:

Frolicking Night Owl said...

What is it with AZ cops & pulling people over for driving too slow!?!? Same thing has happened to some of my family members. On the freeway here, people go about 55-60 mph ... SLOW compared to Phx!

Melody B. said...

Can't beat that...a husband who makes great pies!:) Hariison looks like a little boy now...he all grown up...whoa that happened fast!

Janell said...

What a happy post! You have a beautiful family and yeah for a husband who makes pies (funny how Becky's recent post was about Kent making bread ... Jeff really needs to get into this whole baking thing!).

Stephanie told me about bountiful baskets and I haven't had a chance to check it out yet. Glad to hear you like it. Is it enough produce that you don't have to buy extra at the store?

Jennifer Smith said...

Janell - The bountiful basket contains enough produce to last up to two weeks. Half of the basket is fruit, the other half is veggies. You can buy bread too. The only thing is that you don't know what kind of produce you are going to get until you get there - everyone gets exactly the same thing too.

Last time I got banannas, apples, oranges, blueberries, strawberries, red onions, green beans, corn on the cob, cabbage, romaine lettuce, and red potatoes. I may be forgetting something, but that is a lot!!