Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Smith Family Home Evening

This year my sister-in-law and I decided to start a new family tradition, FHE the first Sunday of the month for the extended family. This month, being December, was the Christmas lesson. The kids dressed up and acted out Luke II. Harrison got to be Joseph. His cousin, Janalee, was Mary. Alyssa was the angel. The other kids were all shephards and wise men. The youngest was a sheep! They all looked so sweet.

Before the reenactment, my SIL asked all of the kids to draw a picture of their favorite part of Christmas. Can I tell you how happy I was when Harrison drew, according to him, "snow on top of grass"? He told me that it would be so fun to play with us and his friends in the snow during Christmas Break. So, maybe it is a little strange since this kid has never really experienced snow, BUT he didn't draw Santa or presents. He knows that the best part of Christmas is being with your family and friends and feeling the spirit of Christ. I am such a lucky mother to have two of the greatest kids ever.


Harrison as Joseph
Janalee and Harrison - best "cousins"
Look at this little angel
I have never seen a more beautiful angel

2 comments:

Melody B. said...

That IS one beautiful angel!

Becky said...

That is a fun tradition!! My sis-in-law and I vowed to make costumes to do the same next year!