Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Lyssa's boo boo

I, Jennifer Smith, vow to never, ever, no matter how desperate the situation, got to the store with both children, alone, while they are pretty much young and helpless, for as long as I live.

BECAUSE - look what happens! I am so devastated. Lyssa and Harrison were running around and she tripped and fell. I picked her up and tried to keep my cool when I saw her beautiful face bleeding. I quickly left my cart, full of stuff, walked out of the store, drove to Stephanie's, used her phone to call our doctor, drove to the doctor, (who we adore) and she got fixed up. Wow - can you say run on sentence? Anyways, I hate seeing my kids hurt, I so wish it were me with the cut, instead of her. The doctor said she probably have a little scar. I know that I shouldn't be upset, but I am. At least she can wear eye shadow some day. Thank you Stephanie for reminding me of that and helping me, even though you can't stand the sight of blood. You are the best.









Putting her hand in her mouth is her latest thing. She is a late teether and I guess it helps her teeth. By the way, that orange stuff by the tape is iodine. You know, even with the Rocky Balboa look she is sporting, she is still the most beautiful little thing.

5 comments:

Janell said...

Poor Lyssa! I'm so sorry you had to go through that. No mom ever likes to see her kids hurt. I'm glad she got fixed up and hope the scarring will be very minimal (it looks like it won't be too bad).

Lyssa and Sadie seem to have a lot in common--curly hair, late teething...

I was thinking of making a similar vow today (about not taking both children to the store) after a grocery shopping experience this morning. (Why do I keep trying to shop with Sadie? She starts flailing and crying and wanting out of the cart after 10 minutes max every time!) Ok, sorry, enough of my own ranting on your blog.

Feel better soon Lyssa!

{ Bethany } said...

awww poor alyssa!! *kisses*

Melody B. said...

So sad when kids get hurt! this summer Hailey split her chin wide open at the Mesa Country Club pool...blood everywhere...huge gash! She got 5 stitches and there is just a very small scar left there. So, hopefully, like Janell said, it will be minimal scaring. There are coupons online for Mederma too!;)

Jennifer Smith said...

Thanks girls. Actually, after we took off her bandage, the cut does not look as bad as I thought it did. Even so, we are keeping neosporin and a bandaid on it until it heals.

Becky said...

Oh my goodness, one day you'll be able to laugh about it. Crazy kids. The maderma is great stuff and I think Neosporin does a great job too.