Friday, October 26, 2007

Robin, Dream Jobs, and ya, I delteted my two previous posts

So earlier I posted about my friend Robin and her health issues. Well, her health actually got worse. She had to have another major surgery and stayed in the hospital for 21 days. Thankfully, she is at home now and on the mend. She is still really weak and can't really take care of her children- luckilly her mother-in-law lives nearby - but told me today she is "grateful to be alive". Her statement really struck me. Earlier this week a teacher at the school my Mom works at was killed in a car accident on the way to school. My mom noticed he was born on the exact date I was - he would have been 29 next week. These two incidents have really made me take on a different perspective towards life. Life can be short and it can throw you some curve balls, but it is a gift to be appreciated and enjoyed.

Speaking of enjoying life, yesterday I went to a training class to be an Art Masterpiece Teacher for Harrison's class. This class was awesome, I learned so much about art - which I never had an interest in before! I loved it. I also loved the whole experience of going to "school". I loved school, escpecially college. I know I am a nerd, but I love taking notes, thinking, and learning new things. My dream job would have to be being a professional student. So, what is your dream job? I would really love to know.

And finally, I did delete the previous two posts, just because I don't want to dwell on that unhappiness. I appreciate everyone's advice! Also, in case anyone was wondering, we are not doing carpool and everything worked out fine. I used the truth - honesty is the best policy.

5 comments:

Becky said...

Ok, I have LOTS of questions...I hope I can remember them!!! How'd that go telling the other mom?
And I think I read about that teacher, we he a music teacher? If so, I saw it in the paper a day or 2 ago, he was sooooo young. And so many students looked so sad, it made me sad!
Melissa Pearce said Art masterpiece is the way to go!! She said it is awesome and the kids love it. I've been told that before...way to go. I could not be a full-time student, I dislike going to school, I learn better by doing. I'd like to be a L&D nurse!! That would be the coolest job in the world!!

Paul and Rebecca Jones said...

I agree. My dream job would also be a professional student - just without the tests. Also, I'm glad things worked out with your carpool.

Janell said...

So are you going to teach in Harrison's class? That sounds fun!
I'm so glad your friend is finally on the mend. One of my two best friends from high school passed away about a year and a half ago. She was 29 and in a horrible truck accident, and she left behind two young kids. It was such a painful time and has really affected the way I look at life and the world. Every time I think about her, I think about how fragile life is, and how precious each day is, and the legacy she left behind (she was one of those people who was good at pretty much everything she ever tried, and you couldn't help but want to be around her because she was just so nice and funny).
As for a dream job, I think being a professional reader/book reviewer would be a lot of fun. Or an ice cream sampler! :)

Jennifer Smith said...

Becky - things got so bad on the way home that I had the right energy to tell the mom. I just said that it was not working out due to their behvior together.

Yes, that teacher was a band director. He left behind a wife and a daughter. I could not even imagine.

I love all of your dream jobs. Thanks for sharing.

Becky said...

Good way to handle in Jennifer! She couldn't argue with that!! Way to go!!!!