Tuesday, October 9, 2007

It's Time to get your Craft On!

So today was my ward's Enrichment Night, which was a Super Craft Night! I signed up for many more crafts than I could do in one night. So now I have a lot of stuff on my to do list. But, I am so excited! These crafts are going to make wonderful holiday gifts. Oh and they also had a class on frosting and decorating cupcakes. It was so fun and it gave me a ton of ideas. Watch out Harrison, Alyssa, and Todd...we are going to have a cupcake-a-thon!

5 comments:

Becky said...

That sounds like fun Jennifer!! Last night was our enrichment (they did tons of crafts too)...I haven't been at church forever (we've been gone a lot lately) and when I called Janell late last night, she mentioned just getting home from craft-night...I was so bummed! I guess that's what happens when you aren't at church.
Post some of your new crafts...I cant wait to see them!!

Becky said...

Will you your new cupcake decorating skills??

Becky said...

opps, I left out some words in my typing flurry above...I meant to say, "will you show me..."

Jennifer Smith said...

Becky,

I did this for FHE and the kids loved it. I just put some green food coloring in some vanilla frosting and used that to frost them. Then we used dark ice cream cones for a witch's hat, junior mints for the eyes, candy corn for the nose, and red licorice whip for the mouth. I have been eating them ever since! Other ideas are frosting the cupcakes white and then cutting oreos in half and putting them on as tombstones. Another thing I did was just put candy corns all over the top, it looked like thorns, well kind've.

Becky said...

SO CUTE!! Thanks, I love those ideas!!