Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Alert the Media!!

.....Jenny is going off of the hooch (aka Diet Coke). After a lot of consideration, I have decided that I need to cut this addiction from my life. The next few days are going to be very hard, you all might want to steer clear of me!! Don't worry, I don't have much planned, so I will be a recluse until I am done withdrawing! I know that I will feel much better in a few days. I've quit before, I can do it now. This will be the last time too. It is not worth it to start again.

On to other things, Becky, I commented on the cupcakes below. I took pics, so I will have to post them later. Our cupcakes don't look great, but we had a blast making them. It brought back memories of when Todd, Brennan, and I made and frosted sugar cookies on Christmas Eve a long time ago. They looked just awful, and we put them on my uncle and aunt's doorstep - they lived just across the street from my parent's at the time. We didn't know that my Mom was there when we did this. So when she came home she was all excited to tell us this story about how someone put these nasty cookies on their doorstep and took off. They all thought that either, little kids made them or someone did it to be mean. They were afraid to even eat them! We were dying laughing as she told us this story. It has been a source of laughter ever since. So this Monday, as we were making these cupcakes, I said, "Todd, this reminds of the time..." He stopped me and said, "I know!!" I almost wet my pants I was laughing so hard. Oh well, they sure taste good!!

5 comments:

Becky said...

GOOD JOB Jennifer!! You can do it!! I am so proud of you!!!!

Becky said...

That is a funny cookie-story...I love those memories, but I am so easily amused!!

Janell said...

How is it going Jennifer? Are the withdrawal symptoms starting to subside yet?? I also enjoyed the cookie story, thanks for the laugh!

Jennifer Smith said...

Janell-
I have a constant headache! I am doing better though...I am still drinking caffeine free soda untill I start feeling better.

Melody B. said...

You are fired for saying "hooch" on your blog! Ha Ha!!