Monday, April 21, 2008

Turn Off TV Week

We are not completely following the no TV thing this week, but are significantly cutting back.  So what's a Mom to do?  After all, TV is so tempting as it can be a great babysitter, entertainer, and so forth.  I decided to come up with some ideas and thought that I could share them here, if anyone is interested...
  1. Read a book
  2. memorize an Article of Faith, scripture, or poem
  3. teach the kids to bake
  4. draw pictures
  5. write the missionaries
  6. go for a walk
  7. go to the park, splash pad, etc
  8. go to the zoo
  9. go to the library
  10. go to a museum
  11. sidewalk chalk
  12. blow bubbles
  13. run in the sprinklers
  14. ride bikes and scooters
  15. go to Sonic for Happy Hour
  16. go swimming
  17. have a puppet show
  18. organize the house
  19. write a story
  20. wash the cars
  21. visit the Temple's visitor's center
  22. take a nap!
I am excited about this week now!  I hope my kids will do well.  
  

6 comments:

Marsha said...

Good ideas. I'll definitely be using some of them. Thanks!

Paul and Rebecca Jones said...

Yes I agree. Those are awesome ideas. You'll have to let me know how the week goes.

Janell said...

Thanks for the ideas. I think I need a "turn off the internet" week!

Melody B. said...

I like...no LOVE number 22!:P

Anonymous said...

Hey..I just accidentally found your blog..your kids are absolutely adorable. I love the park you posted about as well...we will definitely have to check it out! BTW..this is Sonia (Poulsen) Cobb! Tell your family "hello"!

Becky said...

Good for you!! I wish I had more energy to instate that in our home. I need tv so I can get just a 30 minute cat-nap everyday!