Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I Have an Announcement!

And no, I am not pregnant!

I have been reading and re-reading Elder Ballard's talk from General Conference.  I was really touched by it, particularly when he encouraged us to find one or two things to learn and do to "fill our well".  I have been thinking about this a lot, even before Conference, and this is most likely why his talk hit so close to home.  So, with a lot of thought and prayer, I have decided that one of the things I am going to do is start running again.  Last spring I trained for two races and having a goal in sight brought a lot of fun and challenge to my running.  So, my announcement is....I am going to run the PF Chang's Marathon in 2009.  I figure if I announce this so publicly I will more apt to follow through, of course that didn't work with my Diet Coke habit, but I really like running!  So, I think I will be ok.

I have also started to do a lot more to fill that well of mine and be a better wife and mother.  If I can get a spare moment - and when I am not dog tired- I will actually post some pictures of these things.  

So, what do you do to fill your well and be the great mothers and wives that you all are?

4 comments:

Paul and Rebecca Jones said...

You are awesome! Good luck with your training.

Marsha said...

What a great goal to set! I am in awe. I definitely need to evaluate how I fill my well. I haven't thought about it before.

Melody B. said...

Okay, so I hadn't read his talk yet before I started reading your post. So I went and read it and i've come back to say...THAT WAS AWESOME and so needed! I think it's great what you are doing. My relief Society Pres (after I had Hailey) told me this, "when you are in an airplane they explain and instruct you to (in the event of an emergency) secure YOUR oxygen mask first THEN to help the child next to you. And it's the same with motherhood. You HAVE to take care of YOU so that you can take care of your children." I am a MUCH better mom when I have time to myself and to get done things I need to. When I go away and come back we are all happy to see each other!:P I have made a committment to read the entire conference Ensign (mostly because I didn't get to hear a word of it those 2 days). That is one way that I am going to fill my well spiritually.

Jennifer Smith said...

I love what your RS Pres, had to say Melody. I am glad you liked the talk too.