Monday, April 7, 2008

Autism Family Day




This Saturday, while the "boys" were at Priesthood session, my Mom and I took the kids to Mesquite High School's 2nd Annual Autism Family Day. We went because it is a fundraiser for Autism Awareness and my Mom is a counselor for Mesquite High School (and was working one of the booths!). This was so much fun. They had all of these inflatable toys for the kids: a bounce house, a huge slide, a maze, and one where you are tied to a bungee cord and you run and then get snapped back. They also had booths where the kids could fingerpaint, play hoola hoops, do a dunk tank, get "tattoos" etc. A good time was had by all. The weather was perfect too. An added bonus for me was adult conversation with my Mom and some of her co-workers. After that we met up with all the "boys" and my parents treated us to dinner at Tia Rosa's. A night like this was just what I needed.


Conference was wonderful too. Didn't you all just love Elder Ballard's talk? I can't wait until Thursday, when lds.org puts the talks up on their site, to print it out and read it over and over again!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

That sounds like fun, I bet the kids loved it!

Paul and Rebecca Jones said...

That looks awesome!

Marsha said...

How fun! I'm glad you enjoyed yourself.

Melody B. said...

I keep hearing abou this talk. Our sweet cherubs wouldn't be still or quiet long enough for us to listen to a whole talk. We made a committment to read the entire Ensign when it comes out. I guess I look forward to Thursday too now!:P That carnival thing sounded so fun...that is RIGHT up my alley...I love things like that!

Becky said...

what a great cause.
Upon reading this, I wondered...'your kids aren't autistic?'...but I get it now!!

I'll be reading the Ensign too..I NEVER get to do anything for myself while my kids are awake.