Friday, April 4, 2008

"Freckleface Strawberry"

My parents gave Lyssa the cutest book for Valentine's Day, "Freckleface Strawberry" by the lovely and beautiful Julianne Moore. I think the book is semi-autobiographical as it chronicles the life of a 7 year old girl, referred to as Freckleface Strawberry, who has, yep you guessed it, red hair and freckles! Alyssa, and the whole family for that matter, love this book. We read it to her all the time.

I think Lyssa knows that little Freckleface Strawberry looks a lot like her, minus the freckles (although I am sure she will get them sometime). In fact, we now catch ourselves calling little Lyssa "Freckleface Strawberry"!!

One day this week, after reading the book for about the millionth time, Harrison asked me if I had any freckles. I said, "Yes! Everywhere...on my face, arms, legs...You know you could call me Freckleface...(I thought for a moment) Blackberry. You know, because I have black hair instead of red hair." Harrison looked at me for a moment and then said, "Or Freckleface Greyberry".

WHAT??? I think I have found like 2 or 3 greys over the years. Thanks a lot Harrison. With him for a child I should have an entire head of greys in no time.

I have an appointment for a cut and color next week....I am thinking of going red. It would be nice to look more like my own little Freckleface Strawberry.

2 comments:

Melody B. said...

Oh my heck that Greyberry comment would have yielded no treats for a WEEK over here, and I'm sportin' plenty!:P That is too funny! I am going to get that book at the library...sounds cute!

Paul and Rebecca Jones said...

That Greyberry thing is too funny! I hope you have fun getting your cut and color. I always love a little pampering.