Thursday, March 6, 2008

What the heck????

So my big project on Monday was going through every single toy that my (spoiled :))kids have. I sorted, cleaned, and purged. I boxed up some toys to store, this way we have fewer toys out. Then when my kids get bored of the toys currently out, I can pull out the stored toys and bingo - new toys!!

I then organized everything. Some special toys got to go in the kid's rooms. All of the other "community" toys were placed in the toy room.

My house was clean, fresh, organized!

Then, hours later this is what the toy room looked like:



Did I have the whole neighborhood over? Heavens no. This is the work of one little angel:





The good thing was, since everything was organized before, it took less than 5 minutes to getting this room back in order.

By the way, this girl has the shortest attention span. This is part of the reason the room got so messy. She plays beanbags, blocks, peek-a-boo, books, dolls - in about 5 minutes. Then she repeats herself. I can not keep up.

3 comments:

Janell said...

I just have to say that I can totally relate to this. Sadie's way of playing is to just dump out everything that's in a box/bin/purse/whatever and then move on to the next thing. I'm planning to do some toy organization again soon--thanks for the inspiration!

Stephanie said...

At least you cleaned it up! My toy room has been trashed for at least a week now. I have no motivation to go in there and clean it up when I know it's going to look trashed again with 24 hours. Maybe one of these days it will make the top of my to-do list. :)

Becky said...

I too can relate, sadly!! It is amazing how fast kids can destroy! I bought one of those Roomba vaccums, the robot ones. I now tell Gage if he doesn't clean the 'gooble monster' Is going to eat up his toys. If that doesn't work I turn it on. You'll never see toys get cleaned up faster...EVER! I am soooo mean!