Sunday, March 9, 2008

How Often?

do you go shopping?


At the end of a long day last week, Todd and I were talking about what the other did that day. After I filled him in on my day he asked, "Is it a goal of yours to shop everyday?" You have to know Todd to understand that he wasn't being mean when he said this. Perhaps a little concerned about finances, but not mean. I am a pretty frugal girl too. My shopping excursions don't total to very much. (Except at Target, every time I go there I spend at least $70 - I have to stay away from their bulls eye) I think Todd really was curious to know why shopping is always on my "to do" list.

So, I am wondering, am I alone here? Do you make daily trips to the store? Or are you a really good planner and do all of your shopping - food, gas, clothes, etc, on one day? I aim for this. However, I always seem to forget something, or something doesn't get put on the list in the first place. At any rate, I am making it a goal to not spend money or shop for at least three days this week! I bet this will please my husband, and my daughter. She hates shopping with me!

6 comments:

Frolicking Night Owl said...

Maybe you should ask, "How often do you run errands?" Cause I don't really count grocery shopping as "shopping"! :) Joel probably used to think the same about me. With two babies, I can't really go anywhere without him now or it's too much hassle and it has forced me to be more organized and make better lists. Also, it just seems harder to shop here in Pittsburgh ... things are spread out more or something. It just takes longer to get places and it's crazier when we go out (even before 3 kids). But sometimes when you're home with kids, going "shopping" is a nice way to get out of the house and even might give you something to look forward to.

Marsha said...

I tend to go shopping at least every other day. I try to be organized, but there is always some other store or an item that is necessary. I like getting out of the house so it doesn't usually bother me.

Janell said...

Sadie is right there with Alyssa, HATING shopping. Consequently I go less than I used to, but still pretty often. It depends on the week. Maybe an average of two shopping excursions a week. I try to only go to the grocery store once a week; usually I do ok with that. Target is big trouble for me too. They have a lot of cute clothes right now...

Melody B. said...

I hate shopping! As far as for clothes goes...I just want to go in, see what I want right away, buy it and GET OUT! Of course it NEVER is this way!:P I do our grocery shopping one day, fruits and veggies another (Supersition Ranch Market), and possibly if we are bored or really need something we'll go to Target/Old Navy SOMETIMES! I am with Marsha on needing to get out sometimes.

{ Bethany } said...

I don't like shopping with the kids, so I try to wait until the weekend and go by myself at night while Dre watches Gavin. I like shopping alone so I can take my time browsing and try everything on, and no one can make me feel guilty about spending too much :P lol. (I am the SAME way with Target, that store is the debil). I get buyers remorse a LOT though, so I try to avoid it as much as I can.

Becky said...

I try to only go to the grocery store once or twice a week-- I do occasionally run out of something, but my pantry is pretty well stocked! and since it has been colf and flu season we have saved a ton of money-- I haven't been to Target, Wal-mart or Old Navy in a very long time!! It's been nice. I have realized I buy things I want, that I don't need if I go. And I have been fine w/o. Kent says the same stuff to me. I love to shop and it is something to do-- my kids are totally entertained in the toy aisle for a good hour! I need to try and be better though. Anytime you want to shop, call me! :)

Did you get Marsha's invite, I left it on your door last night.