Tuesday, March 11, 2008

"People died so that you could have this right"

was Todd's response to my whining about not wanting to leave the house to vote today.

Well, how do you argue with that? So I voted. Actually, Todd left work, voted, and came home so that I could go and vote without Alyssa at my side.

I am very grateful that my husband is so on top of things like this. I have a feeling that if it were not for his civic mindedness, I wouldn't vote at all. Not to mention even think about our founding fathers or the civil rights activists that made it possible so that I have the blessing of voting for what and who I want.

So, did you vote today?

1 comment:

Becky said...

Solution...vote by mail...it's the best, no leaving your house involved. I do a lot of things by mail/computer...etc.
I'm glad you voted!!