Saturday, March 8, 2008

Harrison's Field Trip!

On Friday Harrison's class got to go on a field trip and, lucky me, I got to go too! We went out to Superstition Farm, a working dairy farm, in south Mesa. It was way fun. You just had to get used to the smell ;)! We went on a hayride and learned all about cows. There was a hay maze to play around in. The kids also got to feed goats and horses, and pet and hold bunnies and chickens. I hate birds, they really freak me out. So I felt hypocritical making Harrison hold a chicken, so I could take a picture!These birds though were really quite tame and are used to being held, I imagine. There were some really beautiful chickens too with feathers that covered their talons and a mane that resembles a lion's. Some of Harrison's girl classmates held on to those creatures like they were cuddling a puppy or a kitten - gross. (I really hate birds!)

All in all, a fun day. The farm is open to the public too, on Fridays and Saturdays, if you are interested in taking your kiddos on your own.




Harrison feeding a horse:


Brave Harrison holding a chicken - he looks thrilled, huh?


His whole cute class:

4 comments:

Marsha said...

Cute Harrison! The chicken picture is classic.

{ Bethany } said...

FUN!!! I still havent been able to take my kiddos there.

Jennifer Smith said...

Bethany - you can go to the farm Mon-Thurs too. You just have to call to schedule a tour :). If you need a certain number of kids to "make" a tour, let me know. I would happy to go again.

Becky said...

Melody and I went there a few months ago-- it was a bit smelly and hot, but we enjoyed it!