Saturday, November 3, 2007

Have you ever felt....

older than dirt? This week I had the privelege of judging some cheerleading tryouts at a local junior high. So through conversation, I realized that some of the other judges went to the same high school that I did. They were shocked that they didn't know me. Then they asked when I graduated. When I said '97, you should have seen the looks on their faces! Complete and utter schock. It was like they thought people who graduated in the 1990s were old and grey by now. To top it off, it was my birthday! One year older and wiser too - I love that as I get older, I really do get wiser. I have learned that age is just a number, in fact I feel better as I age.

3 comments:

Melody B. said...

Of course I have felt that way before...hasn't everyone?:P We're like a fine wine, we get better with age (or so I've heard)!:P

Becky said...

I feel that way a lot!! Sadly. At least I don't act like it. When people ask me how old I am I want to say '25' I dont know why?!! And when I think of my parents, I think "oh, they're like 45-50...NOT anymore!!" Why do we have to get old.

Janell said...

Yup. I know the feeling for sure. Especially after my most recent birthday! I try not too worry about it too--we're only as old as we feel. RIGHT?