Sunday, November 18, 2007

Gilbert Days

So yesterday was the annual "Gilbert Days" parade. Even though I am not a Gilbert resident, and haven't been to the parade since elementary school, I went yesterday. I came to support my Dad and Mom who were in it, my Dad's school had a float in the parade. After this experience, I now know how my parents must have felt at every recital, concert, and other special thing I performed at...BORED...until your special someone performs that is. So Mom and Dad, consider this a little payback, and thank you for your support as I was growing up!!!


Here are Mom and Dad
Only Lyssa came, Harrison was sick and Todd took care of him.

Here is Gavin, looking festive.


I do want to add that it was awesome to go to the parade and see so many of my extended family there. I sat with my Nana and Papa, Great Aunt and Uncle, second cousins, Aunt and Uncle, and many first cousins. They were all so proud of my parents and cheered so loud as they walked by. What a tribute. I think that says a lot about how my family feels for my Dad and Mom.
I am very proud of them too. I remember when my Dad went back to school to become a teacher, some jerk expressed this lovely sentiment to my Mom, "How is he going to support your family?" Well, he has supported us very well. Both of my parents are such a good example of teamwork to me. Together they worked to provide for our family. Now, he is a principal, and loves his work. He does such a great job. My Mom is a counselor and also does great work. I had the privelege to witness my parents become succesful doing what they love, because of this, I have always felt that I could become whatever it is I wanted in life. I really feel that if it wasn't for their example, and also the example of Todd's parents, we wouldn't have had the courage to go to law school. I am so grateful we did, because now I am doing just what I always wanted to do in this stage of my life - staying at home with my children.


3 comments:

Browns said...

How will you get it cut?? Do post pictures I want to see it!!!!
looks like you had a fun time at the parade!!

Jennifer Smith said...

UM...I have no idea how I will get it cut. I usually just tell Stephanie, my cousin, to do what she wants! I will post some pics.

Becky said...

Kent had said it was Gilbert Days..I am sad we missed, we were so busy though. My kids LOVE parades..I did too as a kid.