Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

We wish everyone a wonderful holiday, especially Grandma and Grandpa Smith, Uncle Tyson, and Uncle Brennan, who are all on missions! We love you and miss you!

So, for some unknown reason, I volunteered to do Thanksgiving dinner at my house this year. I started panicking about a week ago. This weekend, when my weird lingering illness got really bad, I was really panicking. However, today I am excited and pretty confident. I have handed out assignments, made a list for myself, went shopping, am in the process of defrosting the bird, and have cleaned like a crazy person. Today I am making a few dishes to ease tomorrow's workload. It looks like I am really going to pull this off! Here is the menu:

Turkey
Mashed potatoes
stuffing with sausage
green bean casserole (not what you think, this is a yummy Smith dish)
butternut squash with pecans and blue cheese (this may be too "Martha" for me, but we'll see)
rolls
cranberries
green salad
veggie tray

pies, pies, pies

It looks like a lot, but I have delegated and am not in charge of everything! So, what are your plans for Thanksgiving? What are some of your favorite dishes and traditions?

4 comments:

Frolicking Night Owl said...

Have fun tomorrow. I'm trying to clean like a crazy person too, but enjoy breaks when i "have to" feed nolan cause I can catch up on blogging & take a break from cleaning. our next door neighbors are coming to our house tomorrow.

Janell said...

Happy (late) Thanksgiving, Jennifer! How did the dinner go? We did it at our house a couple of years ago, but had a LOT of help. :o)

One of my family's traditions is that my Dad makes shrimp cocktail that we eat about an hour before the big meal. My mom makes pies from scratch (sometimes I help but I've never attempted it without any supervision). Other than that our turkey dinner is pretty standard!

Becky said...

I LOVE green bean casserole...I make it every year. That butternut squash sounds good..anything w/ bleu cheese melts my heart, how was it? You'll need to post the recipe if it was good!!

Browns said...

Jenny, are you OK? What are you sick with?? I hope you start feeling better soon! I hope thanks giving went well and cant wait to see you post your new hair doo...I am still waiting!