Thursday, March 4, 2010

Enough

I am 31 years old. And througout the years I have learned that to truly be happy, I need to surround myself with great people. And I have. By luck, my kids are amazing..beautiful, smart, funny, and kind. By luck, my parents and brothers are some of my greatest friends. Now, Todd, I scouted him out. It was not by luck that I ended up with him. I knew what I wanted in a husband and would not settle for anything less. He is great and makes me happy. It is the same with my friends. I am somewhat picky in that area. I will not spend my precious time with fake, insincere people. That may be why I have only a handful of friends. But quantity does not equal quality. My friends are the best. I can go to them with anything and they will love and support me, not judge me or ridicule me.

So why is it that when I am intentionally hurt by insincere people, people in my life that I unfortunately can't avoid, my feelings are hurt?

I am trying hard to not let these "mean girls" affect me, but it is hard. Sometimes, my 31 year old self feels 13 instead!

2 comments:

Paul and Rebecca Jones said...

so sorry. That is the worst! Mean girls are no fun...especially when they make you feel 13.

Marsha said...

Great thoughts. I think everyone feels like that sometimes. I'm glad you are feeling better about it.