Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Confession

This is hard to say. Well, not just hard, embarrasing too. I suppose you could also say worrisome. Well, worriesome to me. But I always worry, just ask Todd. If worrying were a profession, I would be the CEO. Back to the topic at hand, I have to confess, I am out of shape....she writes with her head hung in shame.

I have not really exercised in months. MONTHS. I have lost weight too. You know what this means, I have lost mainly muscle- not good. I went to the gym today. It was not pretty. I was huffing and puffing on the tredmill and going at a considerly low speed. AHHH! Not too long ago, I was jogging 13 miles at a time. And I loved it! Today at the gym I cursed the idea of even moving.

I am so devastated. And scared. And mad, at myself. Well, what to do? I guess I just got to get back on the wagon - err I mean treadmill, elliptical, or bike. I hope it doesn't take MONTHS to get back to running the way I used to.

Now, and this is the sick part, like I said I have lost weight. I am wearing smaller sizes. I like weighing less and am slighty afraid that working out will make me gain weight. I know it would be good weight, but that is how screwed my thinking is reagarding weight. There is another thought somewhere in the back of my mind that doesn't even care if I gain 20 pounds while working out again. Because I will physically feel much better if I work out. I hope this thought takes over.

So, here I go. I guess I will see how what happens with this body of mine. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Paul and Rebecca Jones said...

Good luck! I know how you feel. I went running for the first time in weeks a few days ago. It was not pretty. I was huffing and puffing. It's amazing how quickly you go downhill when you're not exercising.

Marsha said...

I hope it goes well for you! I always have a hard time getting back into exercising.