Monday, November 4, 2013

Autumnal Bliss

This is an email I sent to Todd's mom, Janis, in October of 2010 while she and her husband, Michael, were presiding over the Bangkok Thailand Mission:



Dear Janis - 
 
I thought I would take some time this afternoon to share with you our recent happenings.  Life is busy, but I have been striving to live more purposefully, and as I aim for purpose, chores get done and life gets to happen.  We are happy, we are healthy (I am doing better and have been given the go ahead to run again from the doctor), we are blessed.  I pause in the midst of everyday occurrences and savor the fact that this is my life.  I owe you gratitude for raising Todd the way you have.  He isn't perfect, but he is pretty darn good - and I am lucky to have him.  
 
This week was fall break and it has gone by too quickly.  Harrison went to Basketball camp and had a blast.  Everyday when I would pick him up, I would sneak a peek into the gym and Harrison had the biggest smile on his face as he dribbled and took shots.  He liked it so much, we signed him up for an afterschool basketball class that starts in a few weeks.  He is pretty good at basketball too.  He loves Cub Scouts!  Ha, ha, Toddy.  He earned his Bobcat and will most likely get his Wolf in November.  He was a hit in the school play and is really breaking out of his shell.  He gave a talk today about coming unto Christ.  Todd thought I had written the whole thing, in particular a certain phrase.  Much to Todd's surprise, that particular phrase was Harrison's biggest contribution to the talk.  Harrison still likes to read, play Legos, and do anything that has to do with Star Wars.  
 
Alyssa is beautiful as always, but is growing up way too fast.  She has really started to talk and has said some meanish things to me.  For instance, I gave myself a facial and she told me I looked "ugly".  This morning she saw me in tights and a camisole and was very concerned that was all I was wearing to church and told me, "No.  You can't wear that.  That is no good."  Earlier we were talking about freckles and I said I had them all over my face and she said, "No.  Those are zits Mom."  Ahhh.  She also says things like - "When are we going to Thailand to see Grandma and Grandpa?"  She also cried at the end of the primary program because she "felt something in her heart".  I asked her if she thought it was Jesus and she cried harder.  She is complicated!  She is doing pretty well at school and takes it very seriously.  She loves to "read" and commands me to read to her numerous times a day.  She is wrapping up a dance class in two weeks.  I wasn't too impressed with the class, so we haven't signed her up for anymore classes yet.  She loves to sing - as does Harrison - and they both have great voices.  Alyssa loves Cub Scouts too - she comes with us - and we are thinking about signing her up for Daisy Scouts.  Double ha, ha Toddy.
 
The weather was pretty nice this week and we went to the park with some friends.  We also went away for a day trip yesterday to Prescott and enjoyed fall weather and changing leaves.  We went to a great museum - one I went to as a little girl and we learned a lot about Arizona's fist capitol city.  We saw a replica of the very first law office/courthouse in Arizona aptly named Fort Misery.  It was beautiful there and the kids could play at the park without suffering heat stroke.  It was also great to just get away.  We saw Todd's Law Firm in Prescott too.  The kids couldn't understand how Daddy can drive that far some days - I can't either.  
 
Well, I hope that you are continuing to do well.  We miss you but appreciate what you are doing.  I attached pictures of fall break and other pictures we took this fall.  I also attached some pictures of Alyssa's birthday party - we celebrated that the very first day of Fall Break.  
 
Love you,
 
Jenny






















No comments: