Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Randomness

This week is Fall Break!  I am a little depressed because I had envisioned this week going a little differently than it's reality.   Although, it hasn't been so bad.  We have gone to the outdoor mall and played on the playground, spent more time than usual with Todd, and we went to the library by our new house and checked out books and DVDs.  I made rolls twice and the kids were huge fans.  I am a novice baker, but the rolls turned out pretty well.  Tonight we went to Chilies because I hadn't cooked dinner.  I checked out a book at the library and couldn't put it down.  Before I knew it, it was 5:30pm.  Tomorrow someone is suppossed to come to check out the garage door opener.  It was acting funny earlier and now it is not.  I feel dumb having someone come look at it now, but three days ago, when the appointment was made, the door was not working.  Oh well.  I think that I will try and organize Harrison's closet while we wait for the garage person.  Afterwards maybe we can go do something fun.  Friday we are going with Janette and Janalee to a Pumpkin Patch.  

My running is continuing.  Today I slept in and Todd had an early morning meeting with a client.  I was a little mad at myself for sleeping late and thought that I had lost my chance for a run.  Instead, Todd saved my day when he came home after the meeting and I got to get a run in!  I am doing the run/walk method and my time has actually DECREASED!!  I ran 3.5 miles in less than 40 minutes.  A few months ago I ran 3 miles in 38 minutes.  I know, I know, I am slow - but I am only "racing" myself.  I am very happy with any improvment, no matter how small.

Today a very exciting thing happened.  I surpassed my goal weight!  June 1st Todd and I started to keep track of our weight-fat percentages and body measurments.  I wanted to lose 15 pounds.  Since June 1st I have lost 16 pounds!  I can't believe it!!  I have to say I am very happy with myself.  The weight loss has to be attributed to the running, because my diet has not changed that much at all, I am ashamed to admit.

Todd asked what my new goal was going to be.  I told him it was to run the marathon.  However, I am going to add better nutrition to that list too.  I am positive that better nutrition will help me run stronger.  

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Way to go Jenny! That's great!

Marsha said...

That's amazing Jenny. Good work!

Becky said...

That's awesome...I am so jealous how did you do it?? Running? I'm not a runner. Are you going to do the Mesa Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving?? Do it with me :)

Frolicking Night Owl said...

Hmmm...for some reason I'm just seeing a whole bunch of your posts from oct ... anywho ... congrats!! I need to lose weight now from all the holiday goodies!! :)