Monday, October 20, 2008

Politics


Harrison, my 6 year old, has a new idol, Senator John McCain.  {Boy, I hope that sentence doesn't cause his Grandpa Smith to suffer a heart attack!} 

I started noticing that Harrison had this special interest in Mr. McCain last week.

"Mom, can I play on the computer?"

"Yes, why?"

"I need to get on nick.com and pick the President."  Apparently Nickelodeon is having kids vote for the President on their website.

"OK, who are you going to vote for?"

"John McCain!"

"Why do you want to vote for him?"

"Because he's from Arizona!"

So we went on nick.com and voted for McCain-Palin.  I wonder how many other kids are voting for that ticket.

So yesterday we had our weekly family dinner at my Mom and Dad's.  Out of nowhere, Harrison exclaims,

"John McCain, John McCain!"

Everyone looks at him as he tells my brother Gavin's new friend that's a girl he hopes McCain wins, as I hold my breath and pray that doesn't offend her.

She asks Harrison why and he says, "Cause my Mom likes him, that's why!"

I didn't know that kid understood the Conservative Talk Radio that I listen to!  I am continually amazed at how bright Harrison is.




Todd  worries that Harrison is going to be sorely disappointed November 5th.   Me too.  

So we had a talk with him.  We explained that John McCain may not win and someone named Barack Obama would be the President.  We further explained that {hopefully} it would be OK and we would support him. 



I hope, for Harrison's sake at least, that McCain does win.  







4 comments:

Marsha said...

What a smart kid. It's so cute that he is so interested.

Gustafson Family said...

That's so cute.. They catch on to more then we think they do.. GO JOHN MCCAIN!!!

Becky said...

So cute. Gage was asking who Obama was the other day. I had to ask him not to say that word in our house ;) J/K!!

Melody B. said...

He rocks.:P