Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Sushi!!

Like Bethany, who very eloquently blogged about her passion of Fresh & Easy, I too love this place. This Saturday I headed over there to get some California Rolls, since Todd likes Sushi and California Rolls are about as Sushi as I will get! We asked the kids if they wanted some of our "adult" food.

Lyssa loved it!! She is a really good eater and is never picky, so no huge surprise.





Harrison thought we were all crazy to eat something that looked like it had "sea weed" in it!!


6 comments:

Paul and Rebecca Jones said...

Ha! That is too funny. I will have to try that Fresh & Easy place. I love California rolls as well.

Melody B. said...

LOVE this last pic of Harrison! I am so there with ya buddy!

Stephanie said...

I keep looking at those at the store. I've had them at my sister's house and liked them, but I'm just having a hard time with the price tag for those little gems! Can you make them yourself any cheaper?

{ Bethany } said...

Hahaha Harrison!! We ate sushi from there last week, too! Surprisingly Joenick did better with it than Evienne did (and she eats anything usually!) Joenick did pop the cucumber out of the middle of each roll though...so he had a hollow circle of rice! :P

{ Bethany } said...

Stephanie- you can totally make them cheaper! Its so easy, just buy imitation crab sticks, cucumbers, avocado, rice and seaweed wrappers.

And also, to be honest, grocery store sushi is kinda 'meh'. We only got it from there b/c we were having "Japanese Family Home Evening" & I didnt have time to go get take out from a restaurant. But usually I would never eat it from a grocery store :P I know lots of good places nearby if you're interested!!!

Becky said...

I agree Harrison, gross!! I STILL have not been to that store.