Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Back to the blogworld

Yes, as many friends have pointed out, I have been MIA from blogger. Why? Nothing too exciting, just life. I was going to take pictures of some of the projects I have been working on latley to share, but my camera needs new batteries and I am too lazy to put new ones in right now. I will share later. Anyways, I have been up to -

  • hosting a Superbowl Party
  • crafting, crafting, crafting
  • Young Women stuff - there is so much going on in our YW program right now!
  • Enrichment stuff - I was on the dinner committee last week. I am seriously crazy to volunteer to do more stuff for church right now! At least it was fun. We went to the visitor's center after dinner and the new Temple President, President Clark, spoke to us. It was lovely. Then we watched the film that the Easter Pagent people put on describing the making of the pictures of Christ's life. And then saw the pictures. You should go to it! Stephanie Pratt's husband, Aaron, is in one of the pictures. The pictures are amazing. My favorite two are the Baptism ones. John the Baptist and Jesus - well the people portraying them - looked so happy in it!
  • Art Masterpiece
  • playing with my kids
  • reading some fantastic books - Nicholas Sparks, Dr. Laura, and John Grisham are the best!!
  • shopping garage sales
  • taking care of sick kids - AGAIN
  • disinfecting the entire house - which also means tackling mountains of laundry too
  • taking sick kids to the doctor's and the pharmacy
  • getting Valentines - for Harrison's teacher and teacher's aide I bought some bubble bath and attached a note that said, "May your Valentine's Day Bubble over with fun!"
  • watching season 3 of LOST on DVD and now season 4 on TV
  • fantasizing about Matthew Fox and Josh Holloway - really, I had a dream about Matthew Fox, I LOVE when that happens!!!!
  • practising the piano - didn't know I can play? Well, I haven't for YEARS. My cousin Stephanie asked me to accompany her on a solo at her neice's Baptism. After much bullying - just kidding - I decided I would do it. So, I have been practicing so much my arms and hands ache, but I think I can pull it off. The Baptism is this Saturday, so I will let you know how it goes.

I think this just about covers it all. I will post some pictures of the crafts soon if you want. Hope you don't think I am crazy and all because of my celebraty (sp) crushes -

do any of you have celebraty crushes?

Do any of you love LOST?

Do any of you do something fun for your kid's teachers or friends or honeys for Valentine's Day?

Do any of you play piano? And would love to come play at a Baptism this weekend? PLEASE?

And in case I forget:

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!

6 comments:

Paul and Rebecca Jones said...

Wow! You have been busy. I've been meaning to start practicing piano again too. It's amazing how your skill declines after you haven't played in awhile. And celebrity crushes??? Well lets see, Mr. Darcy from the new Pride and Prejudice, Tatum Channing, Wentworth Miller . . . no more are coming to mind but they sure make watching tv more fun!

Stephanie said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you too! Stop being so busy so we can get together! And I want to hear about your garage sales.

Melody B. said...

When I am reading the Twilight books I fully become in LOVE with Edward who is a FICTIONAL person, so there...I'm even more pathetic than you!:) Sounds like you have had a fun month, but we've missed you...don't elave us for that long again!:P

{ Bethany } said...

I love to hate Lost...is that the same thing?! Why do I torture myself with that show...sigh. JUST SAY NO TO DR LAURA!!!

Jennifer Smith said...

Bethany - I understand what you mean about LOST....I like Dr. Laura though, I think that a lot of her advice is pretty sound, some of it, though, I could toss out the window!

Becky said...

I am soooo sorry you guys are sick again. Call us when you are better!! It would be fun to hang out...swim, whatever!!??

What is your calling in YW?