Wednesday, May 28, 2008

SnAP Back to Reality!

We got back from Utah a few days ago and are slowly getting into a summer routine.  Harrison missed the last few days of school and now we are in the midst of summer!  I had to keep reminding myself, when we were up there, that it was May, and not January.  We were freezing!  I understand that it was cold here too, and I am a little bummed that we missed it.  

GG's funeral service was beautiful.  I think that she approves of it. One blessing that came through all of this, is that we got to see Todd's parents.  They flew to Salt Lake from Hong Kong for the funeral.  My kids were thrilled to spend some time with their missionary grandparents.  Another blessing is that we got to spend time with Todd's extended family.  We stayed with his aunt and uncle, who live in a dream house.  Their son and daughter-in-law invited us over to "play" - our boys are the same age - and their house is also a dream.  It was like candy to my eyes and has given me a lot of decorating ideas for our new house.  Todd's has another cousin - from the other side of the family - whose perfect skin has convinced me to go back to using Mary Kay!  So, yeah, basically we just played with Todd's cousins and siblings the whole week!

We got home Sunday evening, right in time for dinner at my parent's home.  They invited us over for a BBQ on Memorial Day.  Of course we went, and even though the weather was a little too cool {I can't believe it either} for me to comfortably swim, everyone else did.


                                                     Poor Harrison, shivering cold!
                                     
                                     The loves of my life!!  If you're thinking Lyssa looks
                                      a little thick, it is because her swimsuit has built in
                                      inflatable thingies.
                                       My brother, Gavin, being a good sport.  I made him
                                       flex.  He is single ladies, give me a call if you're interested.

1 comment:

Melody B. said...

Good to have you back! Harrison is looking so much older now! YIEKS! Where is the time going? your brother will probably kill you for putting that pic up with the inquiry into "anyone interested" but for the record...it IS funny! HA!:P