Sunday, May 18, 2008

Sad news...

                                                      West Jordan, Utah April 2006
                                    me, Todd, Alyssa, Grandma Smith, Todd's Dad, Harrison

We received some sad news this evening.  Todd's Grandma Smith passed away today.  She just recently went to the hospital with pneumonia, so I am very glad that she did not suffer long. I am thrilled for her, she is reunited with her husband and other loved ones who have already passed.  She is a wonderful woman and tomorrow, when I am better rested and thoughtful, I will record some of my favorite memories of her here.  I just wanted to write down my immediate thoughts and feelings while in the moment.  I am so thankful that I got to know her and that my kids got to know her too.  Todd loves his Grandma very much and has been lucky enough to have a great relationship with her his whole life.   


2 comments:

Becky said...

Awww.Jennifer that is so sad!! Something similar just happened to a good friend's grandma on Friday. She went into the hospital w/ what she thought was a spider bite...it ended up being cancer and she died 2 days later...it was spread throughout her body. I too, was glad she didn't have to suffer, but sad when they go so fast you don't really get to say goodbye. I don't want to get old. Our thoughts and prayers are with you guys.

Melody B. said...

I'm so sorry for your family's loss Jennifer. It's so hard to let go of grandparents because often they are the glue to the family. What a sweet reunion that must have been in heaven with her husband though!