Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Make my day




Unfortuanley, today has not been great. My Dad called me in the midst of chaos that has been following me today and I burst into tears. Even though I have 2 kids of my own, I guess I still need my parents. I felt like I was a little girl again when I told him all of my woes. Then, because he is the greatest dad, he knew just what to say to make me feel better.



After we hung up, I thought that the best thing to do to keep my spirits up was to look at cute pictures of the kids. Then I stumbled upon the one with Harrison and almost lost it again! It is Harrison and my brother Brennan. Brennan is serving a mission in Barcelona and I miss him so much! He is my best friend. Looking at this did make me happy though. I know he is doing the right thing by serving a mission. Plus, this pic was taken on a happy day. Brennan adores Harrison and bought this slip and slide just for him. They played on it for hours!




The one of Alyssa I love just because it makes me laugh.... The other one is of my Mom and Dad with Brennan. I aspire to be the kind of parent they are.







3 comments:

Melody B. said...

So sorry you had a cruddy day! Maybe you're due for a "visitor?" Okay, I jsut sounded like the school nurse or something! You look just like your mom!;)

Becky said...

I saw you yesterday...I didn't know you were having a bad day!!! I am SOOOO sorry! Is today any better?

Janell said...

Jennifer, I hope your day is going better--please let me know if I can help out with kids or anything. :) Sometimes it feels so good to let your parents "baby" you now and then even when you're a grownup. I always call my mom when I need someone to just listen!