Sunday, November 18, 2007

Shout Out to Todd!!!


OK, this picture was taken three years ago, but it mirrors our life right now. I have been SO sick. I think it should be against the law of nature for a mother to be sick. It seems that once I get over one thing, I get something else - usually from my cute kids. Anyway, Todd has really taken care of me. He has made me stay in bed while he takes care of the kids. He goes about parenting a little differently, and I should probably adapt to his style a little. He isn't all consumed with a strict schedule and cleaning. He is so calm. He is so confident in his abilities. He loves the guitar and so do the kids. He plays it and they sing and dance. The kids have been well taken care of today. Thank you so much Toddy, I love you so much.

5 comments:

Becky said...

Are you still sick!!???? I heard you were sick like 10 days ago!! I hope you are ok. Let me know if you need anything...I agree, not fair for moms to EVER be sick!!

Janell said...

You sound like me! I'm functional, but have "the cold that never ends." Jeff too loves his guitar and the girls love it too. Dads do seem to have a more relaxed style in general. Todd sounds like such a great dad! I hope you feel better soon.

Jennifer Smith said...

I am finally feeling better. There have been a few days, within those 10 days, that I felt ok. But yeah - it pretty much feels never ending. I did go to the doc and one thing I had was a sinus infection. Thank goodness, you get antibiotics for that!

{ Bethany } said...

I agree with you...lets petition Heavenly Father, "moms can't get sick!!!!" I *never* got sick until I had kids, now its all the time. :P

Melody B. said...

A mother who is sick, is headed for sainthood in my book...because it takes ALL you've got to keep going when you feel like dying!