Friday, November 30, 2007

Rain, Rain, come and STAY

I have been loving the rain today! It is just so nice for a little change. This afternoon I was in the front room picking up. The curtains were opened and I could see the beauty of the rain and the dark skies at the same time I saw our Christmas tree. It was a warm and fuzzy moment.


Anyway...it is so sweet of you, Lauren, to notice that I have been MIA. I have been very busy this past week. Thanksgiving was perfect. Everything was beautiful and tasty. The butternut squash was great, and Becky R., I am going to post the recipe at recipe mamas. I am so glad that I had that nice, restful, long weekend, because all of that peace ended Sunday. Not really, I am just being a tad dramatic. However, when you get called to be the Young Women secretary when you are brand new in the ward, it gets a little CRAZY.


This is my third time in the seven years I have been married that I have been in YW. I am excitied, but very intimidated and overwhelmed. Before I was the 2nd counselor and a Mia Maid advisor, and I was always very glad I wasn't the secretary. I guess this is what I get for thinking that! I really don't think that it is going to be too hard, once I get the hang of it. I am also very happy to be serving with the other women called. They are so nice and talented. I have a feeling I am going to be learning a lot from them.


Now onto the hair, Lauren! I will post the pics next post. I was very happy with it, my cousin Steph does an excellent job. I just wish that she, and her husband Chris, could move in with us. You know, so she can do my hair every morning!

3 comments:

Browns said...

Yah so I totally know what you mean! I love my hairuntil I have to wash it and style it myself and then I wonder what the heck I was thinking!!!

Browns said...

Yah so I totally know what you mean! I love my hairuntil I have to wash it and style it myself and then I wonder what the heck I was thinking!!!

Frolicking Night Owl said...

hey ... good luck with YW. i'm currently the personal progress person. i think i've been the sec. two times & beehive advisor ... it's not too bad. anyways, you sound like me ... kinda always in the same callings. i enjoy yw but would enjoy trying something different too.