Saturday, August 16, 2008

Back to School





Harrison started school last week.  First grade!  He has is going to Quartz Hill Elementary School and Mrs. Morris is his teacher.  His principal is Mr. Hallock, but Harrison calls him Pappy!  That's right, Harrison is going to my Dad's school.  

I really wanted Harrison to go to this school, for many reasons, not just because of my Dad.  For one thing, the hours are better - 8:53am - 3:40pm.  It is also brand new with brand new technology, equipment, etc.  All of the teachers are superb.  At Harrison's previous school it was hit and miss. I would talk to parents and they would say: "Whatever you do, don't get Ms. fill in the blank for this grade or Mrs. fill in the blank for this one and on and on".  Also the student pick-up/drop-off was a mess.  I could go on forever.  Bottom line, it wasn't a good fit for me as a parent and more importantly, it wasn't a good fit for Harrison as a student.  Admitedly the best part is that my Dad is there to keep an eye on him.  It is nice to see him every day when I drop off/pick up Harrison.   Plus he plays kickball with the kids every lunch recess, so Harrison can play with his Pappy everyday if he wants to!  

There is a downside, it is a 30 minute drive.  That means I am in the car 2 hours a day.  
But not for long.   


Our tentative move-in-date is September 29.  After September 29 it will take 4 minutes to get to school.  That's 16 minutes in the car a day for me.  I can't wait!

I am excited to be moving back to Gilbert.  We are still not too far from our family and friends in Mesa - about 20-25 minutes - so I am not too sad about leaving the area.  

5 comments:

Marsha said...

The house looks so great! So exciting. Also, Todd looks so skinny. Is he still going strong?

Jennifer Smith said...

Yes, he is still very dedicated to his routine. He has lost over 50 pounds so far!

Marsha said...

Wow!

Melody B. said...

Where are you guys moving to? Email me!:) What is Todd doing to loose weight?

Frolicking Night Owl said...

Hey! When do we get to see photos of the finished product? Where in Gilbert are you??