Thursday, January 17, 2008

NO WONDER....

I feel like I have been hit by a mack truck!!!

I have strep throat. Oh wait, it gets better - Todd has it too. Luckily our kids seem healthy. They are quite happy running a muck around the house while the two of us lay on the couch watching soaps and cable movies. THANKFULLY my Mom lives a block a way and she is going to make sure that we get a good dinner. There is nothing better than having your Mama take care of you when you feel sick. This is one of the silver linings in this situation.

The other one, which I have to share with ya'll, is our wonderful doctor's office. Skyline Family Medicine is run by the nicest, most caring people. There is Dr. Green, who lives in my parent's ward - yes we live a block away from Mom and Dad, BUT we are not in the same ward. Anyway - Dr. Green is a great man. Then there is Sabrina, aka PA Anderson, she just totally rocks. I love her. I usually see her because she takes care of "womenly exams". She is so wonderful. I really feel like she cares. She loves my kids and takes care of them too, along with Dr. Green.

Get this, they have urgent care hours between 7 and 7:25 am for prior patients. Being a prior patient, I went there first thing and was taken care of in about 20 minutes. Now Todd has never been there, but when I told him I have strep, he decided he should go get checked out. So, he called and they got him in an hour and half later. Most times that I call when I think either myself or one of the kids are sick, they get us right in. What's better than that? I went to the #1 pediatrition while living in Las Vegas and the average wait was a little over an hour. Guys - Skyline Family Med even does well check up visits, flu shots, and they have a Sonora Lab place in their front office! Now, and we won't need this anytime soon, but just about the only thing they don't do is OB stuff. So, these people are our family's medicinal wonders.

So, if you are looking for a new doctor, don't hesitate to call them. 924-4422

I also have to thank you for all of your comments on my last post. You know, I always make a menu for the week, I just have issues actually getting those dinners onto the table. Hopefully, when I am well again, I will get the hang of it. In fact, www.executivehomemaker.com has some excellent ideas that I may try.

Well, "Posieden" is over, I think I will steal the remote from Todd now and watch some good old General Hospital!

No comments: